My Passion


This is a video of Apna Bhangra Crew @ Bruin Bhangra 2012. I posted this particular video because it is one of my favorite videos and performances. I am also currently on a local dance team like this in the bay area. The team that I am on is named NSG, Nachde Shookeen Gabroo. The type of dance displayed in the video is called Bhangra. Bhangra was originated in Punjab, India and is traced back as far as 500 years! It is a type of dance that is performed at a high energy level as a celebration of life. I love dancing, so Bhangra to me is the perfect and most joyful activity to pass time and relieve stress. Even though we compete at various competitions, win or lose, as a team we always have a blast performing for an audience. School, work and just simply life gets stressful sometimes, but when I am dancing, none of that crosses my mind because I feel free during those moments. I enjoy every bit of it and it is for sure the best extracurricular activity for me. Bhangra/dancing is my passion and I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment